Senior Architectural Technician
Salary: Competitive Salary
Expiry date: 28/02/2018 15:08:00
Senior Architectural Technician : South West Region.
The South West Region is seeking a Senior Architectural Technician based in the South West Regional office in Exeter.
Internal applications are welcomed, as well as those from external candidates via the employee referral scheme.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the main purpose of the role is to produce concise, accurate and detailed AutoCAD working drawings, and to co-ordinate ancillary drawings and schedules to programmes that meet the Company’s requirements whilst gaining approval for building regulations.
Key Performance Indicators
• Produce accurate working drawing packages in AutoCAD format & to co-ordinate the provision of all supporting ancillary drawings
• Produce variant & new house type drawing packages, produce block plans, sections and elevations
• Co-ordinate information and liaise with in house architects, civil and structural engineers and landscape architects and external consultants where appropriate
• Be conversant with all current building regulations and NHBC standards, current construction methods relating to company specification and standard products.
• Submission of all information to NHBC and obtaining scheme approval, and discharge of conditions prior to BC final deadlines.
• Ensure compliance with HQI’s, Lifetime Homes and Code for Sustainable Homes requirements together with applications for Secured by Design & Robust Details.
• Provide sales brochure information and ensure accuracy of brochures.
• Utilise the broader advantage of CAD systems to improve levels of presentation and efficiency.
• Attend regional sites to review and resolve technical and construction related issues, and produce and monitor acceptable solutions to resolve.
• Communicate effectively with all relevant internal departments and external consultants and clients, to co-ordinate and provide accurate and timely information.
• Training towards appropriate qualification in building design and construction
• Experience working for a house builder, either directly or indirectly
Special skills or knowledge:
• In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD
• Understanding of current building regulations and NHBC standards
Interpersonal skills and attitude:
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to manage, create and maintain momentum in projects
• Ability to work with others and maintain a positive customer focused approach
• Behave in line with our values
• Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please submit your CV along with a short cover letter and salary expectation to Damian.Ryan@bovishomes.co.uk
Closing date for application: Midday on Monday 18th September 2017
Employee Referral Scheme : refer a friend and upon 3 months service of the new employee receive £500 (subject to tax and NI).