Senior Land Manager
Location: Bishop's Cleeve
Salary: Competitive Salary
Expiry date: 23/10/2017 09:26:00
Senior Land Manager : Central Services
Central Services are seeking a Senior Land Manager based in the Western Regional office in Bishop’s Cleeve.
Reporting to the Land Director, this role will identify, negotiate and acquire land suitable for the profitable development, while effectively managing the land owned or under contract to the Company. The main purpose of the role is to an active member of the Regional Land Team to ensure maximum profitability of the sites within the Area. All to be in accordance with the Land Best Practice Manual.
Key Performance Indicators
• Produce accurate working drawing packages in AutoCAD format & to co-ordinate the provision of all supporting ancillary drawing
• Establish in conjunction with the Land Director the priorities for the purchase of land.
• To develop and maintain regular contacts with land agents/owners within the area of operation.
• To monitor the Development Plans to identify possible future development sites suitable for purchase under option.
• To discuss with Local Planning Authorities the future potential of land for development.
• To negotiate the purchase of land directly with agents and/or owners.
• To prepare a monthly report outlining contacts made and progress in identification and negotiation of land and outlining the key issues and resolutions.
• To identify sites suitable for Housing Association development in areas where funding for such purposes is available.
• To liaise with and keep the Land Director informed of all negotiations prior to the formulation of an offer.
• To agree the basis of an offer with the Land Director prior to its submission.
• To ensure that all offers are made subject to contract.
• To liaise with other Land Managers to ensure no duplication occurs.
• To provide adequate and appropriate instructions to the Company’s Legal Director for the purchase of land/entering into options.
• To project manage the process from having an offer accepted to exchange of contracts and, if necessary, to secure completion of the land acquisition.
• To instigate the necessary technical investigations required to ensure that the land can be satisfactorily developed.
• To prepare a financial viability for Board approval to support the purchase of the land incorporating all costs for the development of the site.
• To provide a full market appraisal including competitors sites to support the sales rates and values contained in the viability.
• To assist in compiling pre acquisition reports and regional board minutes if required.
• To keep the Land Director appraised of the progress on land purchases.
• On completion of the purchase to prepare a summary sheet with dates of all contractual items to be completed. Provide a copy of this to the Land Director and to ensure the requirements are met.
• To organise the production of a constraints map for every site purchased and to present the same at the pre-contract meeting.
• To ensure that planning permission is obtained in as short a time as possible by liaising with the technical departments in the company and organising and attending meetings with them and the Local Planning Authority.
• At least once a year to walk the boundaries of all land owned/under option to ensure no encroachment has taken place and identify any hazards evident on site. To communicate such finds through the business and to project manage the resolution of issues arising.
• To regularly monitor all trees/hedges on site and to ensure their maintenance/removal in such a manner not to unduly constrain profitable development of the site.
• To maintain a register of all ransom strips within the area of control and to monitor these to ensure their use is maximised and unauthorised use does not occur.
• To provide to prospective purchasers a full information pack relating to the site to be sold.
• To instruct/assist the Legal Team in the preparation of the Sale Agreement and Replies to Contract and to project manage the process from acceptance of offer to legal completion.
• On completion of the sale to prepare a summary sheet with dates of all contractual items to be completed. To provide a copy of this to the Land Director and to ensure the requirements are met.
• Degree in Estate Management or equivalent
• Demonstrable track record of buying land in the area of employment
• A good understanding of legal obligations
• Proven list of contacts in the area of employment
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of planning authorities
Special skills or knowledge:
• Strong mathematic and IT ability
• Ability to assess and analyse information
• In depth understanding of budget management
• Excellent negotiation and networking skills
• A pragmatic approach to problem solving
Interpersonal skills and attitude:
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to work with a high degree of accuracy
• A methodical approach to working practices
• Decision maker with pragmatic approach to problem solving
• Able to influence and persuade others
• Discretion and integrity in attitude and approach
• A self-starter capable of creating and maintaining momentum in projects
• Behave in line with our values
• Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please submit your CV along with a short cover letter and salary expectation to Bob.Evans@bovishomes.co.uk
Closing date for application: 5:30pm on Friday 6th October 2017