Assistant Site Manager
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Expiry date: 03/11/2017 10:49:00
The Southern Counties are seeking to appoint an Assistant Site Manager for our Salisbury Site.
The post holder will assist and when required, deputise for the Site Manager to effectively motivate, support and manage the site based team to ensure that the required health, safety and environmental performance standards are achieved. To achieve the programme and quality requirements. To promote the importance of customer relationships to the site based team to include directly employed and sub-contracted staff. Complete all relevant paperwork as required.
• Ensure compliance with the Company’s health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
• Assist the Site Manager in ensuring traffic management and site strategy plans are in place and and review as required.
• Follow Company guidelines in relation to accident and incident reporting procedures.
• Keep the health and safety compendium up to date at all times.
• In the absence of the Site Manager, ensure the site is secure at the end of the day.
• Ensure the forklift checklist is completed on a weekly basis and that all sub-contract plant is roadworthy.
• In the absence of the Site Manager, accompany health and safety advisors during site visits and undertake remedial action as appropriate.
• Assist the Site Manager in reviewing and actioning risk assessments and method statements for all operations.
• Ensure all plots have a customer care pass before obtaining CML prior to legal completion.
• Carry out service visits in accordance with the Customer Journey.
• Carry out pre-occupation checks on all properties prior to handover.
• Arrange and attend effective site based meetings with the Sales Team Leader and that the required information is available to enable the Sales Team Leader to update the customers.
• Action remedial items raised at home demonstrations.
• Ensure that all plots to be handed over have adequate and appropriate access, parking, street lighting and signage.
• Action items raised by the Area Build Director, Sales or Customer Care.
• Ensure that all materials are checked for damage and that they meet the required quality standards.
• Ensure sub-contractors adhere to the protection guidelines as stated in the site protection manual and trade specification.
• In conjunction with the Site Manager, complete PPQA checklists accurately and return to the regional office on a weekly basis.
• Thoroughly inspect and snag each plot prior to each key stage inspection carried out by the NHBC.
• In conjunction with the Site Manager, and Area Build Director, prepare the master build programme and review and revise in line with budget requirements.
• Conduct regular checks to ensure construction methods and timescales are correct and take corrective action if the site is not compliant.
• Liaise with the utility companies to ensure the build programme requirements are met.
• Agree and manage the equipment, plant, staffing and sub-contract requirements for the site.
• Discuss site presentation at sub-contractor adjudication and site meetings.
• Maintain the highest standard of site presentation at all times.
• Relevant experience at a similar level working for a residential house builder.
• Up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation.
• Confident outlook combined with resilience and diplomacy.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to balance excellent customer service with the requirements of achieving Company targets.
• CSCS card at appropriate level.
• Valid SMSTS certificate .
• Valid First Aid at Work certificate .
• Full UK driving license.