Customer Care Technician
Expiry date: 07/11/2017 10:00:00
Customer Care Technicians : Western Region
The Western Region is seeking 2 Customer Care Technicians.
The purpose of the role is to rectify defects reported by purchasers within the Bovis Homes and NHBC warranty periods and continue the Company’s commitment to the customer journey.
• Using weekly job sheets, plan diary and work schedule.
• Return all job sheets to Coordinators within 3 days.
• At all times carry Bovis Homes identification when visiting customers.
• Complete all administration and documentation in an accurate and timely manner, including completion of job sheets for emergency call outs.
Attending to purchaser’s defects
• Ensure that all reported defects are dealt with in a cost effective, timely and professional manner to the satisfaction of the purchaser and at the direction of the Customer Care Manager.
• Liaise with the purchasers as and when required.
• Ensure that all materials are available at the commencement of the jobs.
• Ensure that any problems or incomplete work are reported to the Customer Care Co-ordinator immediately.
• Inform the Customer Care Manager and Co-ordinator of any problems encountered or where a specialist contractor is required.
• Complete customer defects within a 28-day period or as soon as reasonable possible.
• Report defects not completed within 28 days to the Customer Care Manager / Director.
• When visiting a customer’s property, always conduct yourself in a professional and courteous manner.
• Always wear the correct uniform and PPE.
• Take every precaution to minimise disturbance and to protect the customer’s property at all times.
Health and Safety Training
• Carry out work in a safe manner, being particularly aware of customers and any children that may be in the home during your visit.
• Ensure that any substances hazardous to health are used in accordance with COSHH assessments.
• Ensure that all electrical equipment is regularly tested.
• Ensure that the loading of vans is within the manufacturer’s safe working limits.
• Attend health and safety and other training courses as requested by the Company.
• Ensure you have read the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures observe them at all times.
• Report accidents or near misses immediately to your Manager and record them in the accident book.
• Ensure your workplace is kept tidy and any hazards are eliminated or reported to your line manager.
• Wear appropriate protective clothing on site at all times.
• Attend all health and safety training as required by the Company.
• Educated to GSCE / GCE standard in Maths & English, and, or,
• BTEC diploma in Building Construction or an NVQ Level 2 or similar,
• or, City & Guilds in relevant trade
• Valid CSCS card
• 3 / 5 years’ experience working for a residential house builder as an assistant site manager or materials controller or trades
• Detailed understanding of NHBC customer handover requirements
• Good understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to handle complaints and difficult situations
• Good planning and organisation skills
• Problem solving and decision making skills
• A polite, tactful and assertive attitude
• Patience and calmness under pressure
• Excellent communications skills
• Good team working skills
• Behave in line with our values
• Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
• Driving Licence
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please submit your CV along with a short cover letter and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application: Midday on Friday 27th October 2017