Salary: Competitive Salary
Expiry date: 28/02/2018 16:04:00
The West Midlands Region is looking for a Civil Engineer to be based at our West Midlands Regional office in Coleshill.
The Civil Engineer will be responsible for the day to day civil engineering design of developments within the region in accordance with current working practices and provide a quality and cost effective service.
· To manage the civil engineering elements of projects from initial briefing through to design and construction up to adoption within the specified timescales
· To undertake thorough investigations into the infrastructure requirements of land opportunities and ensure that the results of investigations are communicated effectively to the relevant regional stakeholders.
· Establish the most cost effective and timely means of delivering the necessary infrastructure to potential land acquisitions and prepare the necessary reports accordingly.
· Ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy
· To allocate work to junior members of staff appropriate to their skills and experience
· To undertake the training of junior staff
· To carry out all necessary functions to assist the smooth running of the Civil Engineering function of the technical department.
· To undertake designs achieving practical and economic solutions working either as part of a team or independently
· To provide technical advice within the Department for planning applications, etc.
· Specific activities regarding infrastructure appraisals, drainage design, highway design
· The preparation of engineering drawings
· Utilisation of computer-aided design software, drainage design software and PDS modelling
· Liaison with Service Authorities and production of combined services drawings
· To manage the progress of the project from initial briefing, through design and construction, to adoption within the specified timescales
· To maintain effective and efficient infrastructure and detailed site design and construction within Bovis Homes
· Checking all design work throughout the department
Health and safety
· Ensure you have read the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures observe them at all times
· Reporting any accidents or near misses immediately to your Manager and record them in the accident book
· Ensure your workplace is kept tidy and any hazards are eliminated or reported to your line manager
· Wear appropriate protective clothing on site at all times
· Attend all health and safety training as required by the Company
If you would like to apply for this role please submit a letter of interest, cv and salary expectation to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 12th January 2018 at Midday.