Location: Milton Keynes
Expiry date: 13/03/2018 16:57:00
To manage the Regional Commercial Team to ensure the smooth operation of the commercial function, to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of commercial land purchase viabilities, budgets, forecasts and cost / value reconciliations, and to ensure the effective cost control of developments from land purchase throughout the construction process.
Key Performance Indicators
· Ensure the accurate management, estimation and control of build cost for use in land purchase viabilities, budgets, forecasts, and cost / value reconciliations.
· Manage the commercial function to ensure that land purchase viabilities, budgets, forecasts, and cost / value reconciliations are dealt with accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with company required timescales.
· Provide detailed analysis of any financial variances in respect of the above.
· Ensure the efficient running of all commercial administration, identifying any non-compliance to company policies / procedures, as well as rectifying / resolving problems encountered.
· To ensure that all work within the commercial department is carried out in accordance with the Commercial Best Practice Manual, the Company’s Health, Safety & Environmental Policy, and the company’s Management paper.
· Promote the expansion and maintenance of good working relations with all internal and external stakeholders.
· To make a positive contribution towards the planned expansion of the Company, with particular emphasis upon increased profits and return on capital employed, and the development / setting of appropriate budgets and forecasts.
· Facilitate and approve accurate build costs for use in land purchase appraisals, budgets, forecasts and valuations.
· Facilitate and approve periodic reviews and updates of build cost information as necessary.
Control of Cost
· Ensure costs are kept within agreed land purchase viabilities, budgets, forecasts, estimates and cost / value reconciliations, and that the department operates within the guidelines determined within the Commercial Best Practice Manual and the company’s Management Paper.
· Provide guidance to the Buying and Surveying Manager to ensure that works are certified for payment in accordance with Company procedures.
· Report on all subcontract and supplier cost variances, site overhead variances and year end progress to the Regional Operations Director.
· Facilitate periodic Cost to Complete reviews of works outstanding on completed sites and maintain the regions ‘Old Site Reserve’ central file.
· Facilitate cost information being provided to customer care for maintenance report.
· Facilitate the raising of sales invoices as necessary to external parties for shared development or infrastructure cost.
· Ensure all works are certified for payment in accordance with Company procedures.
· Report on all cost variances, site overhead variances and year end progress to the Operations director, as well as providing detail concerning on going strategy.
· Facilitate and approve base cost estimates for regional house types, construction elements and activities on a house type basis.
· Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a library of base estimate costs and update as required to reflect market conditions.
· Facilitate and approve site specific house type estimates including estimated costs for all non standard elements.
· Facilitate and approve house type financial information for use when preparing forecasts and budgets.
· Facilitate comparisons between actual procurement cost and base CV2 estimate, as well as constantly reviewing the regions procured build cost to ensure that our Land Purchase Viability build cost data base reflects current market trading conditions.
· Facilitate and approve accurate estimated costs for use within land purchase viabilities.
· Over view all information available to ensure that the land purchase viability produced has been value engineered, to ensure it places the region in the best possible commercial position to purchase available land opportunities and protect the regions gross margin.
Sub-Contract and Supplier Purchasing
· Ensure suppliers and sub-contractors are procured within the agreed site specific programme, and within budgetary levels.
· Ensure the efficient running of the computerised supplier / subcontract purchasing system, together with the library of standard and site specific house type, supplier and subcontract schedules / prices.
· Ensure tender lists are prepared in conjunction with the build department, customer care department, and to the approval of the Regional Operations Director.
· Ensure tenders are checked and comply with the site specification, current trade specifications, and the tender drawings for the site including all Bovis Homes standard details.
· Facilitate comparison reports for tender prices obtained, and an analysis of how they compare to the viability.
· Ensure all orders are placed in accordance with company procedures.
· Ensure copies of approved tender lists, authorised ‘’Tender Enquiry Summaries’’ and cost valuation reports are kept for audit purposes.
· Continually monitor sub-contract and supplier performance by liaising with build, customer care and commercial personnel.
· Ensure company procedures are followed with regard to the termination of any sub-contractor or supplier order, and seek to replace with an alternative within budgetary levels.
· Facilitate periodic site specific cost / value reports for the region as required by the Regional Operations Director or group accounting policy.
· Facilitate Half Year and Year End cost / value reconciliations in accordance with group accounting / company policy.
· Report on any cost variances to the Regional Operations Director.
· Facilitate the management of Subcontract and supplier variances in respect of quality, performance, programme, costs and specification.
· Liaise with all departments in matters relating to the effective administration of site development schemes.
· Identify non-compliance and rectify / resolve problems.
· Facilitate the management of subcontract and supplier price variation submissions in line with company procedure.
· Where subcontract or supplier non-compliance necessitates contract determination consideration, then this must be discussed with the Regional Operations Director.
· Facilitate the management of purchaser’s extras quotations to ensure they are provided to the sales team in accordance with Commercial Best Practice and company procedure.
· Facilitate the management of all non plot related Service Company quotations / invoices and Section 106 quotations / invoices, in line with the land purchase viability, and any variances are reported to the Regional Operations Director.
Membership of the Regional Board
· Contribute effectively to the running of the region through your membership of the Regional Board of Directors.
· Attend regional Management Team/Board meetings to advise on commercial matters. Ensure the commercial team is aware of its progress towards achieving the Region’s targets and if practicable, influence accordingly.
· Challenge critical stages in the process where ‘bottle necks’ tend to appear, to ensure that any issues are resolved, with particular attention paid to preventing delays being incurred between land purchase and construction start on site, (the planning milestone control).
· Participate as a member of the Regional Management Team to implement improved cost effective methods and controls.
· Produce regional board reports in preparation for Regional Board Meetings
Communication & Professional Development
· Ensure you keep up to date with legislation changes, and attend training as required by t